Monday, August 25, 2008

maybe babies can have lives too

Chalk up another couple points in the "having a kid doesn't end your life" column.

Last weekend, some friends of mine took their 4-week-old daughter to LA to attend a wedding. Apparently the trip went fine, plane ride and all. I guess babies that young don't have the lungs to scream very loudly anyway.

On Sunday, some other friends brought their 14-month-old son to a birthday party which consisted of brunch at the Original Pancake House (which is yummy but has not the fastest service) followed by several hours of karaoke at Gamba. Then, a couple hours later, they (and lots of other people) came over to my house to watch the (tape-delayed) men's basketball gold medal game, and didn't go home until after ten.

If I ever have a kid, I'll have to remember to be that kind of parent, instead of the sit-at-home-forevermore kind of parent.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.