Tuesday, August 19, 2008

olympic basketball

I'm often only a casual Olympics fan, and my feelings this year are particularly mixed, given the venue, but I've really enjoyed watching the US men's basketball team this year, first against China, and then last weekend against Spain. For once, they're working together as a team, the shooting is not-horrible, the guards especially are so strong on defense that they're wearing out their opponents by the third quarter, and Dwyane Wade is everywhere and totally unstoppable.

A bunch of us are scheduled to get together to watch the gold medal game on Sunday (evening, since people were unwilling to stay up to watch at midnight). I hope we aren't jumping the gun, but honestly, I can't see how they can fail to win this year.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.