Saturday, September 06, 2008

3.5 years to go

Looks like Ma Ying-Jeou's approval rating has fallen to below 40% in the five months since he became president. That's what happens when you venerate former dictators and undermine your own country's sovereignty in the international arena.

I wonder how many of those 60% of disapproving voters voted for Ma during the election, believing his campaign promises not to sell out Taiwan? I wonder if any of them realized how stupid that was and attended the 100-day rally against him, which drew somewhere between 50,000 and 200,000 protesters?

There's a lot of "I told you so" floating around in my head in a pool of bitterness. Sigh.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.