Thursday, September 04, 2008

fun and games

Over Labor Day weekend I went to a games night at a friend's house, where we played several of the usual games (Settlers, etc.), and then followed those with a round of Taboo and a round of Trivial Pursuit, Millenium Edition.

Usually we play Taboo with guys against girls, and the girls have a pretty high winning percentage. However, the last time we played I accidentally sabotaged my team while trying to describe the word "pregnant":

me:Hmm. If you're a girl, sometimes after you have sex you become...
teammate:(confidently, no hesitation) sore!
me:???
same teammate:chafed! irritated!

At this point we all turned around to look at her boyfriend accusingly, before collapsing with laughter. As I recall, our scores deteriorated horribly after that.

This time, there was no such disturbing episode, the girls beat the guys soundly, and we decided to mix up the teams for Trivial Pursuit.

Around 2am we were still nowhere near done, and one of the girls wanted to go home to her two kids, so we played a "sudden death" round where each team tried to answer all six of the questions on the same card, and then we compared to see who had the most correct answers. In the end it came down to me correctly guessing "Marcus Allen" as the oldest active NFL running back in 1997. Yay for useless sports trivia!

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.