Monday, September 22, 2008

No on 8

I am a big supporter of allowing people to do whatever they want as long as they aren't hurting other people, so of course I support gay marriage.

I was commenting to a gay friend that he should realize that if he's legally allowed to marry, then he'll be subject to all of the parental and/or pressure that the rest of us face about marriage. Which, for the record, sucks. Then again, why should gay people get an exemption? Maybe we should all have to deal with our fair share of parental nagging.

All joking aside, I'm very happy for him, my other gay friends, and the entire pro-marriage gay community. On the downside, now that gay marriage is legal, my whole "I'm not getting married until everyone can, in solidarity with the gay community" spiel is totally busted. Ah well.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.