Thursday, October 16, 2008

favorite movies (or, insuring against future data loss)

Back when I signed up for Facebook, I installed a bunch of applications and started to use them. One of the apps was Flixter Movies. I actually sat around rating movies and making a list of my favorites. Then, when Facebook switched over to its new interface, I was suddenly unable to access my movie list (at least on FF/Linux) and it was really freaking me out. I hate data loss of any kind.

Anyway, I guess they finally fixed the app for the new UI, because I checked this morning and I was able to access my movie list. I'm posting my "all-time favorites" list (as of 2007) here so I won't lose it again. It's ordered by date of release.

The Princess Bride (1987)
When Harry Met Sally (1989)
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
Pulp Fiction (1994)
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
The Usual Suspects (1995)
臥虎藏龍 (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) (2000)
The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers (2002)
Kill Bill: Volume 1 (2003)
The Incredibles (2004)

I also loved Immortal Beloved, but I think primarily due to all the Beethoven music. Hmm, I realize I do have somewhat generic taste in movies. Ah well.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.