Thursday, October 30, 2008

BBQ & basketball

My basketball league has been on hiatus for nearly a month now, due to the City of San Carlos' budgetary issues. One of my teammates decided that we should get together anyway, if not for basketball, then for BBQ. She invited us over to her house last Friday, and amazingly, most of the team was actually free.

Of course everyone came bearing side dishes and/or desserts, and I was pretty impressed with the spread. We started with stuffed mushrooms, chips w/ hummus, salsa, and guacomole, and bruschetta with fresh basil, tomato, and mozzarella (courtesy of yours truly and Trader Joe's). With the delicious BBQ chicken and pork ribs we had a garden salad, cornbread, pasta salad, mac & cheese, and corn on the cob. Finally, for dessert, there were brownies, and a banana pudding with Nilla wafers.

Yup, not only can we play, we can cook. Well, some of us. I can only cook.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.