Wednesday, October 29, 2008

getting psyched for Jamaica

I'm going to be going to Jamaica for a week in December, to attend a small destination wedding. The bride and groom have been sending out planning details recently, which inspired me to finally go and check out Back-A-Yard, a tiny Jamaican place off of Willow in Menlo Park.

I had the Jerk Chicken plate, which came with salad, two scoops of rice & beans, fried plantains, and of course, the chicken. I was pretty hungry, but the plate was more than enough for me (although I did polish off all of the plantains). The chicken was delicious; less spicy than I had expected, which was good as I was eating with some spice-adverse people, but still spicy enough to be good. I'm told the BBQ items are also quite good, so maybe I'll stop by again sometime before my trip.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.