Friday, January 09, 2009

sea kittens and other meats

I wonder if PETA has considered that its campaign to rebrand fish as sea kittens might make fish-lovers more likely to try eating kittens? I myself do not like fish, unless it is good and raw. (I guess PETA could be suggesting that raw kitten would be delicious?)

Last week, however, I did have the opportunity to try some horse at a sushi restaurant in Taipei:


That's two pieces of raw horse over rice, over there on the right. Unfortunately, it turns out that I am not a fan. I can eat raw beef by the pound, and I liked raw venison the one time I had it, but I found the horse meat sour, although it was more tender than I had expected. Oh well, now I know.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.