Wednesday, June 17, 2009

blackberries & blueberries & cherries, oh my!

I've really been loving the summer fruits over these last couple weeks.

Every morning, I grab a big bowl of Bing cherries from the microkitchen at work, and polish it off within minutes. Plus, two coworkers went cherry picking in Brentwood (one last weekend and one the weekend before) and they've been bringing in the fruits of their labors; those cherries are even better than the ones we have normally.

Yesterday, I was at DeMartini's buying (more) cherries for games night tonight, and I tried some of the blueberries they had out as samples. They were so good that I bought a box, in addition to 4.5 lbs of Bing and 1.5 lbs of Rainier cherries. I also threw in a couple of black plums.

Then, just now I was getting breakfast and there was a big bowl of blackberries and cream, so of course I had to help myself to a generous serving. That doesn't mean I'm not eating cherries, though.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.