Monday, August 17, 2009

brunching in Berkeley

On the way to Sacramento on Saturday, four of us stopped for brunch at 900 Grayson, a restaurant in a cute neighborhood in Berkeley. Their most famous dishes (according to Yelp) were the Demon Lover (chicken & waffles) and the Grayson burger, and we tried both:



The chicken was delicious; tender and juicy and lightly spicy. The waffle was good too, and although the reviews recommended choosing gravy, I liked the maple syrup version. The burger was fine, but not that exciting, although the fries were good.

I myself ordered the "Time-Life Cookbook", which consisted of a Gouda omelet, hash browns, and an apple salad. Both the hash browns and the omelet were very tasty, but the apples were so-so:


Overall we enjoyed our brunch very much, and I would definitely venture back if I happened to be in Berkeley on a Saturday morning. (The restaurant isn't open on Sundays.)

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.