Monday, August 24, 2009

Sacramento

I went to visit my cousin in Sacramento (well really Folsom) a couple of weeks ago. He took us cousins (four of us, plus his brother) downtown to look at the state capitol, we stopped by "Old Town", and then we had dinner at a fun Japanese place called Mikuni. Afterwards, we hung out for awhile at a nearby hookah lounge (my favorite was the watermelon mint), and then we retired to his (huge) house, where his roommate and several of his work friends were playing Rock Band and pouring kamikaze shots. It was a fun weekend.

On the way home I was thinking that it's amazing that I've lived in California for practically my entire life, and up until a few weeks ago I'd never been to the state capitol. I drive by Sacramento several times every winter on the way to Tahoe, and I never stop. (On the other hand, I almost always swing by Ikeda's.) Anyway, I'm glad that I finally did make the effort to visit; Old Town was charming (plus, I very much enjoyed the caramel corn I bought at the candy store), and downtown definitely exceeded expectations.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.