Monday, October 03, 2005

American English

While in Europe, I always get used to looking for the little (British) flag icons, because they usually indicate things that are in English.

This time, when we were connecting through Heathrow on the way back from our trip, I walked by a currency conversion booth, and I wanted to confirm my belief that no one should ever exchange money at airports, so I looked to see what the exchange rate was for US dollars.

Except, my eyes instantaneously locked on the line with the , and my initial conclusion was that the dollar must have gone crazy in the last two days. It took me several seconds to realize that I should have been looking for the icon instead.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.