Monday, October 17, 2005

home

It's been almost a month now since we got back from Europe.

Things I miss:
- real coffee, and good bread
- beautiful parks and streets built for walking
- long, relaxing lunches and dinners
- the sense of history that pervades European cities
- seeing something new every day

Things I don't miss:
- teeny tiny bathrooms which are only marginally clean
- constantly watching out for pickpockets
- packing and unpacking couple of days
- attempting to speak French in Paris (other cities, not so bad)
- crazy expensive gas and parking prices

I still haven't had much of a chance to unwind yet: I just got back from 5 days in Houston, I'm leaving on the redeye to Boston tonight for a three day trip, and then I'll be flying to Vegas on Friday. I should really reserve some time to stay at home; my room is a mess, and I'm neglecting my Tivo.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.