Tuesday, February 06, 2007

gone skiing

So after two days of staying up until 3am, I actually managed to wake up at 4am on the third day, to get on a bus to Tahoe. We hit the slopes at Squaw Valley at around 10am, took an hour long break for lunch, and then skied right up until the lifts closed at 4:30pm, for over five hours of solid skiing.

Until this week, I hadn't been up yet, since I'd been hearing such horrible things about the snow this year. Luckily, I was pleasantly surprised. There were definitely some very bare and/or rough spots (the top of Emigrant, except a narrow stripe in the middle, and most of Solitude was horrible) but there was good skiing to be had on Shirley Lake, Red Dog, and a few other places.

Every year, I always think that I forget how to ski, but then when I get out there, I realize that not only do I remember how to do it, in fact I quite enjoy it.

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.