Thursday, August 23, 2007

good cheese today

Today at lunch I had three cheeses, and I liked all of them, probably because they were all soft cheeses. I'm going to write them down for future reference, because I always forget names.

The first was a Saint Andre. The consistency was something like Camembert or Brie, but the flavor was stronger. That was followed by a super creamy Brillat Savarin, which was just sour enough to be interesting, and then my favorite of the three, a delicious La Tur, which was slightly harder and had a very nice rind.

Other cheeses I'm afraid I'll forget: Last week I had a Fontal which I liked quite a bit (apparently it's a French Fontina), and some months ago I went and ate three servings of an Époisses de Bourgogne, each served in an Asian soup spoon with a dab of honey. Yum.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.