Monday, August 13, 2007

Wyclef visit

I was excited when I heard last week that Wyclef would be visiting at work and was going to talk, introduce his new CD, and even perform a bit. I'd been a fan of the Fugees (a long time ago), and even went to a Lauryn Hill concert one summer at Jones Beach.

Anyway, I put the visit on my calendar, but as usual, when the time came around, I was swamped and felt like I couldn't leave my desk. I finally dragged myself over to the cafe about 20 minutes late, and I'm really glad I did.

Wyclef was funny; kidding around with the sound guy and challenging a random employee to a push-up contest (the other guy started doing clap pushups so Wyclef did one-armed pushups). He was interesting; he talked about collaborating with other artists and played some clips from his new CD. Most of all, he was entertaining; he played several acoustical pieces, and followed that up by freestyling for a good 10 minutes or so.

I don't buy a lot of CDs these days, but now I'm tempted to buy one.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.