Thursday, May 29, 2008

Garmin

I bought a Garmin nuvi 370 last year. It worked really well all year, as I gave it a pretty good workout (Los Angeles, Dallas, Madison, Minneapolis, Houston, Reno/Tahoe, Seattle, etc.). About 11 months later, it started to malfunction (couldn't pick up a satellite signal), so I immediately sent it back, to take advantage of the 1-year warranty. The new unit came quickly (they had shipped it as soon as I called in) but it was partially busted; the power button didn't work, so I could only turn it on by plugging in the car charger. One more exchange later (this time with paid shipping), I had a nicely working unit again. My conclusion was that Garmin has somewhat flaky hardware but good customer service.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.