Wednesday, May 21, 2008

typing

This morning I kept trying to type "recourse" and it kept coming out "resource". I did this two or three times before finally getting it right. Drove me nuts.

I have a similar problem from time to time with people whose usernames are comprised of their first name plus their last initial. I get really used to typing something like "richardl" and it becomes nearly physically impossible for me to type "richard" without the trailing "l".

On the other hand, my fingers apparently know all sorts of emacs shortcut keys that my brain doesn't remember. People will ask me things like "How do you move the cursor to the beginning of a line?" and I have no idea, until I sit down at a computer and actually try to do it.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.