Monday, February 01, 2010

easily entertained

I went to a two-year-old's birthday party last weekend. In addition to the usual hors d'oeuvres, cake, and decorations, the parents had hired a clown/magician who spent over an hour making balloon animals, doing magic tricks, and otherwise entertaining the crowd.

The balloon animals were well done and some were really complicated; I was most impressed with a Mickey Mouse that incorporated at least seven balloons in different colors (black, red, yellow, white, and flesh-colored).

Some of the magic tricks were easy to figure out. Some were definitely not. I spent several minutes trying to figure out how he did a sequence of tricks with a piece of rope that kept splitting into multiple pieces and getting put back together.

The kids were totally mesmerized. They ranged in age from two to ten, and most of them required no attention for the duration of the show. Awesome.

It was a surprisingly good show for something designed for preschoolers. I'm not sure how much it cost, but I'm guessing it was well worth the money.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.