Monday, February 28, 2011

proper English

I was amused by this exchange following a "Pimp My Ride" reference in a post:

coworker #1:The objection I have to "Pimp my Ride" is largely the name. It's a noun used as a verb, followed by a verb used as a noun. I'm not even very comfortable with the "my" either -- the protagonists of the piece are not "pimping" my "ride", but I as the viewer am observing whilst this act befalls a third party entirely unbeknown to me. A more correct title would be "Television programme wherein individuals have outlandish enhancements made to their vehicles."
coworker #2:I can only conclude that you would have fewer objections to a show entitled Ride my Pimp.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.