Wednesday, February 09, 2011

unexpected benefits

I finally went to a PT today about my knee, since I'd had some trouble on Monday at kickboxing and then yesterday at basketball.

She diagnosed me with an MCL strain/sprain, and said that it should be recovered by 4-6 weeks from the date of injury, which is about 1.5-3.5 weeks from now. She also massaged it for awhile and said that it was healing a little "lumpy" and that I should massage and then ice it every day to keep it smooth, so it would form "good" scar tissue (that won't hinder movement or cause pain in the future).

We then had the following exchange:

her:Your range of motion is surprisingly good, though. Usually sitting eight hours a day is bad for properly stretching out a healing MCL.
me:Oh, I have a standing desk.
her:Aha, that explains it. Yup, that probably saved your range of motion. I won't suggest additional stretching, then.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.