Tuesday, February 08, 2011

very cool

I'm sitting at my desk around 5:30pm yesterday and I get a chat message from one of the front desk guys at the gym. He asks me if my phone was in a soft Droid case. I try not to get too excited, but I confirm that yes, it's a Samsung Nexus S with the special "tiny androids" backplate and it's in a Nexus One soft case. He says, "I think we have your phone."

I run over to the gym and confirm that yes, in fact, it is my phone. Unfortunately there's no way to unsend the wipe signal, so pretty much as soon as I unlock it, it does a factory reset on itself, and now I'm busy reinstalling all my apps and reconfiguring all my settings. I'm not complaining, though!

At first I thought I really might have been so stupid as to have just let it fall out of my bag, but then I called T-Mobile to re-enable the service, and the phone still didn't work. I opened up the back cover, and the SIM card was installed upside down. Also, the battery was at over 90%. Clearly, the phone had not been on all weekend without a charger.

Anyway, I'm really really stoked to have my phone back! And, I think it's time to invest in a padlock.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.