Friday, December 07, 2007

chicken karaage & spinach salad

I tried this recipe for the first time yesterday night, and ended up eating a lot of fried chicken. I probably shouldn't make it very often.

Chicken Karaage

1. Cut up 1 lb of chicken thighs (about 4 pieces per thigh).

2. Marinate the chicken for 30-45 minutes in: 3 parts soy sauce and 1 part sake, with one piece of ginger and several cloves of garlic, minced.

3. Dredge the chicken in cornstarch and then fry in oil until the crispy exterior starts to look golden.

I thought I should eat some vegetables too, so I made a cooked spinach salad.

Japanese Spinach Salad

1. Boil a bag of baby spinach for a couple of minutes. Drain and then dry with paper towels.

2. Add white sesame seeds and equal parts sugar, soy sauce, and sake.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.