Wednesday, December 05, 2007

chocolate bread pudding

I had leftover egg bread after having made a pumpkin bread pudding for a Halloween party, so the next day, I decided to improvise a chocolate bread pudding recipe. It turned out pretty well, probably because I put a lot of brandy in it.

Chocolate Bread Pudding

1. Cut up a roll of egg bread into 1-inch pieces.

2. Melt half a bar of bittersweet baking chocolate, then add 1 cup cream, 1/4 cup brandy, and maybe 1/4 cup sugar, and stir until well mixed.

3. Fold the bread cubes into the chocolate mixture, put into a loaf pan, and let stand for 15 min.

4. Bake for about 20-25 min at 350 degrees, or until the center passes the toothpick test.

(All of the amounts are estimates; I was using leftover ingredients so I just finished off what I had.)

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.