Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas cookies

After two years of thinking about it but not doing it, I actually managed to bake and distribute Christmas cookies this year.

I baked three types of cookies: Chocolate Chocolate-Chip with Mocha Cream, Ginger Lemon, and Almond Tuiles. They turned out pretty well, except the Mocha Cream, which was gooey and messy except when refrigerated. Without modifying the recipes, I ended up with enough cookies to fill 12 cellophane bags, with each bag containing two chocolate, two ginger lemon, and one almond cookie. That doesn't include the 10+ cookies that I broke during the baking process; I realized after I had already started that I was out of parchment paper, and with only one Silpat and multiple baking sheets, several cookies had unfortunate accidents. I chalked it up as a learning experience and ate the mishaps over the next two days.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.