Thursday, July 16, 2009

El Paseo

Last weekend my parents took us to one of their favorite restaurants, El Paseo in Mill Valley. Unfortunately I had eaten too much earlier that day, so I wasn't able to order the chef's tasting menu. Instead, I had the "3-course dinner", with two appetizers and an entree. For my appetizers, I chose a goat cheese pastry and fig salad, plus tuna tartare with poached egg. The tuna had some kind of interesting pistachio crusty thing on top, but I still liked the goat cheese pastry better:


My entree was a mushroom and truffle risotto, which was fine (great mushrooms, adequate risotto), but D had a scallop dish which looked and tasted delicious:


We had six pints of Graeter's ice cream (expressed from Ohio!) waiting at home, so we passed on dessert.

The restaurant ambiance is nice but more traditional than modern/trendy, and the food is good, but I hear the menu doesn't change that often. I think I'll stick to only going with my parents.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.