Thursday, July 02, 2009

reasonable guess

Last night I made "breakfast for dinner" for games night. We served a tortilla chip, veggie, and sausage scramble, French toast, bacon, fried potatoes, and waffles with blueberries and bananas.

It was a bit hectic in the kitchen towards the end, and I slightly burnt a few pieces of French toast. I was in a hurry to get the pan freed up, so I dumped them on D's plate, saying "Can you eat these? They're kind of burnt."

Then, as we were trying out the waffle maker, the first waffle came out too brown, and I also handed it to D, commenting that it might be burnt.

The following exchange ensued:

friend:Do you like burnt food, or something?
D:No, I'm just the garbage disposal for food in general.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.