Tuesday, July 14, 2009

three cup chicken

I had a big bunch of basil left over from last week's veggie box, so I decided to make three cup chicken. I mostly used this recipe, but didn't bother with peppers, and as usual was a bit lax with measurements.

I think it turned out pretty well, except I couldn't find two pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs at Safeway yesterday night at 9pm, so I ended up using one pound of thigh and one pound of breast. I am not fond of chicken breast.

Three Cup Chicken

1. Cut up a whole head of garlic and about half a piece of ginger, and stir-fry in 1/3 cup sesame oil for a few minutes.

2. Add 2 lbs of chicken (cut up into pieces), 1/3 cup rice wine, 1/3 cup soy sauce, and 3 tsp sugar. Continue to stir-fry until the chicken is mostly white, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.

3. Cut up 1 bunch of basil and 1 bunch of green onions (there should be about twice as much basil as onion) and add it to the chicken. Stir-fry on high heat for a few minutes, then serve.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.