Wednesday, July 01, 2009

need more practice

I had lunch with a visiting Taiwan engineer today.

When I saw him, I greeted him in English, so we spent the first few minutes conversing in English. Of course his English was fine (probably better than my Chinese), but I started to feel like it was a waste for me not to speak Chinese, so I finally switched over.

I'm definitely out of practice, and my Chinese was liberally sprinkled with English terms (e.g. "firewall", "release schedule", "hiring process", "time zone", and lots more), but it felt good anyway.

Now I'm trying to think of a good way for me to practice some more, that doesn't involve me signing up for a Chinese class.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.