Wednesday, July 22, 2009

new toy

I'm going on an extended vacation soon, so I decided to buy a new personal laptop. After all, it's been over 9 years since I bought my temperamental but still-functional Dell Latitude C600.

After some research, I settled on an ASUS 1005HA netbook. Originally I wanted to buy a Linux version, but I found it wasn't any cheaper, so I gave up and bought a Windows XP install.

(This one is white; mine is dark blue):


I've only been playing with it for a day, but it's pretty slick. It's teeny tiny at 10.3 x 7.0 x 1.0 (with a 92% scaled keyboard) and only 2.8 lbs, even with the 10.5 hour battery. I installed Chrome, Firefox, Skype, Picasa, and Putty, and I think that's all I'll ever need, so I can use the rest of the 160 GB of space to store photos.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.