Thursday, March 15, 2007

lucky

Last weekend, I threw a birthday party on a yacht, followed by dinner in the city.

I'd obsessively planned out all the details, including figuring out transportation logistics, printing maps and directions for all the carpools, pre-ordering cake and ice cream, bringing plates, forks, and serving utensils, buying decorations and balloons, drawing up a (40+ person!) guest and payment checklist, and arranging a preset dinner menu.

But in the end, the most important factor in making the party a success was that the weather was absolutely gorgeous. When we set sail at 4pm, it was 75 degrees, with not a cloud in the sky. Over the next three hours, it cooled off bit by bit, until it was probably in the mid-60s by sunset, which is actually my kind of weather. I'd rather be lucky, indeed.

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.