Wednesday, March 07, 2007

no Carmelo for me

As soon as Iverson got traded to the Nuggets, I checked the Warriors' schedule to see if the Nuggets would be in town again this season. When I discovered they would be playing in Oakland on March 7th, I quickly arranged to get tickets while they were still being sold at face value. How could I pass up an opportunity to see two of the most prolific scorers in the league, playing on the same team?

I even went out and bought some new basketballs and got ahold of some silver Sharpies, and planned out my work schedule so that I could leave super-early, to get to the Arena in time to try and snag some autographs. Then, yesterday night, I'm watching SportsCenter, and what do I hear? Carmelo's fiancee is giving birth to their son, so Carmelo won't be making the trip to California. Much disappointment. Iverson better be awesome tonight.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.