Monday, March 05, 2007

one day ski trip

There was a lot of snow in Tahoe early last week, plus the weather forecast for the weekend was clear, so I decided I wanted to go skiing. Since Friday and Saturday were already booked up, the only option was a one day trip on Sunday. I polled for interest and got four solid yesses (all girls this time, go figure), so it was a go.

I've done the day trip lots of times before, starting in my middle school ski bus days. The ideal schedule:
4:00am wake up
5:00am assemble at departure location
5:30am start driving to Tahoe
8:30am arrive at ski resort and gear up
9:00am hit the slopes
4:30pm meet up at lodge, snack & change
5:00pm start driving home
7:30pm grab dinner around Sacramento (depends on traffic)
10:30pm arrive back in Bay Area

Sounds perfectly reasonable, right? And, everything went off without a hitch. The snow was great (Northstar, mostly backside), we took our last run just as my legs were about to give out (sign of a good ski day), I ate a Euro Snack Belgian waffle for the first time (totally worth the four dollars), and we had a yummy dinner at Claim Jumper in Roseville. We got home somewhere between 10:30pm and 11:00pm, and I was in bed by midnight. The only downside is, in another sign of impending oldness, I'm really not all that awake today.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.