Sunday, November 09, 2008

a different kind of Vegas trip

I went to Vegas a couple weeks ago with some people who hadn't been to Vegas almost ten years. I think I go there so often that sometimes I forget to look around when I'm there. To them, The Venetian, the Bellagio, the Wynn, THEhotel at Mandalay Bay; all were new and interesting and photo-worthy.

We wandered the shops inside the Venetian, stopping for gelato, ate lunch at a cute bistro inside of Paris called Mon Ami Gabi, and checked out the famous Bellagio lobby and fall/Halloween-themed display. We also stopped by THEhotel's lobby, just because I love their decor, and caught the Bellagio fountains by night. Other highlights of the trip included yet another visit to Samba Brazilian Steakhouse at the Mirage (I always forget how good they are), a morning workout at the Wynn Spa (available only to hotel guests), and brunch at the Pinot Brasserie, inside the Venetian (delicious but I was not fond of our waiter).

Some photos:








I always like to plan one special meal when visiting Las Vegas. This time, for dinner on Saturday night, we went to Daniel Boulud's DB Brasserie. Obligatory food photos follow...

Steak tartare appetizer (my favorite):


Mussels & fries (very generous portion, delicious fries):


Beef tenderloin (very tender, I preferred it to the ribeye):


Ribeye for two:


Profiteroles:

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.