Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Taiwan quick update

At first I was following the recent events in Taiwan pretty closely, but then I went "onduty" at work. Since then, things have been crazy, and they're likely to stay that way through the weekend.

Fortunately, there are still such a thing as good journalism, and Newsweek in particular has been kicking ass with their Taiwan reporting. Two of last week's articles were particularly good at describing the current situation: Fallout from Chen Shui-Bian's Dramatic Arrest and Strait Talk: So Near And Yet So Far.

I did manage to drag myself to a meeting of a local Taiwanese organization on Friday night. I cut out after dinner ended, was in bed by 11pm, and slept for nearly 12 hours. Tired...

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.