Thursday, November 06, 2008

this year's pumpkins

Another year, another pumpkin carving party. This year's was scheduled to coincide with the NBA's season opener, so that people could hang out and watch basketball before/after carving.

Due to not having found/drawn a template in time, I decided to freehand my pumpkin this year. I think it turned out okay:


Other pumpkins:



I thought the Houston Rockets logo on the center pumpkin in the first photo was especially appropriate for the first day of the NBA season. The "leaky heart valve" pumpkin at the bottom right was also clever.

Here's a detail of the most intricate pumpkin:


Apparently it's a "Black Mage" character from the first Final Fantasy. I never played the game, so I can't vouch for authenticity, but the carving skill is impressive nonetheless.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.