Tuesday, November 11, 2008

random oddity

In my buliding here at work, in the women's bathroom, there is one stall which has a much narrower door than all the other stalls. As a result, it tends to be the last stall to fill.

One day last week, when the bathroom was particularly crowded, I ended up in that stall. I was curious, so I counted the number of bathroom tiles that fit between one side of the door and the other, and discovered there were ten. Each tile is maybe 1.5 inches wide (definitely less than 2 inches), which means that the door is about 15 inches wide.

I think I'm a fairly average-sized person, and if I walk through that door with my shoulders square, I will touch both sides. I wonder if anyone ever has any problems fitting through it? I guess one can always turn sideways to get through...

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.