Tuesday, November 25, 2008

maybe I'm not a city person

A couple of weeks ago I went to check out the new California Academy of Sciences. It's a nice museum. The living roof is a cool concept, the rainforest part is nice, I'm always a fan of penguins, there are some very timely environment-focused exhibits, plus a really decent aquarium in the basement.

However, I did not have a good time. First, we stood in line for twenty minutes to buy our (not inexpensive) tickets. We were told the planetarium was already full for the day, but decided to proceed anyway. Then we stood in line again to get into the museum. After getting in, we found a huge line for the rainforest, so we decided to look at everything else first. The aquarium was full of people, so we couldn't sit down to listen to the show. At one point I was looking at some fish, standing about two or three feet away from the glass. Three kids ran over and arranged themselves in front of me, blocking my view. Two of the kids were on the small side, one was definitely not. Their parents (or adult minders, whoever they were) did nothing. Anyway, we finally did manage to see the rainforest, as well as most of the rest of the displays, but I was just not that psyched about the whole outing.

Maybe this is why I live in the Peninsula and not in the city...I'm not a fan of crowds, especially ill-behaved ones.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.